- Make a nice dinner for your parents - I never had time to do this during the school year, plus I'm going off to college in the next year. And I love cooking so why not do something thoughtful for my parents?
- Have a one-girl (or guy) photoshoot - If you're like me and have a nice camera and a tripod sitting in the corner of your room waiting to be used, then go take pictures of things or even take self-portraits (not selfies).
- Go people watching - Sounds sort of creepy, I know, but go read a book in the park and just observe your surroundings. It can be really interesting and you actually never know who you'll meet or talk to.
- Find a workout or dance class to attend - Workout classes can be a good way to meet new friends as well as tone your body for bikini season!
- Go to a store or restaurant you've never been to before - You never know what you will find!
- Bake cookies and give them to family members - This would be so nice. Think about how happy this would make an aunt, uncle, cousin, grandma, grandpa, etc.
- Shop at vintage stores - Vintage stores can be a gold mine for all things cute. Again: You never know what you will find.
- Go shopping for gifts - Any upcoming birthdays? Well a lazy day is great for getting those gifts bought and out of the way! Personally I love giving people gifts more than I like receiving them.
- Volunteer - I've always felt that volunteering is a way to give back but it also gives hope and life to those who volunteer. Whenever I'm sad or lonely I focus on others rather than myself. Doing volunteer work has allowed me to learn about others as well as myself and who I am.
- Go see a play or musical - Any local or off-Broadway shows you can go see? I won tickets to "Catch Me If You Can" the musical last summer!
- Have a spa day - We all need some relaxation! So go visit a spa, or DIY at home. I promise you will feel so much better after.
- Find a local festival or event - Even if it's some crazy, random festival you've never heard of, you should still go. You never know!
- Perfect something - Have you always wanted to learn how to fishtail braid? Or perfect winged eyeliner? Well search up some YouTube videos and keep trying until you've got it right!
- Go to the mall / online shop - Have a pay check you really want to spend? Go ahead, indulge a little. Stop at your favorite stores, buy a cute dress, and then plan a dinner with friends so you have somewhere to wear it!
- DIY - Search DIY blogs or Pinterest for some really cool ideas. Here's an idea: if you are going off to college this year make dorm decorations!
- Visit the local farmer's market - You can always find quality, locally-grown foods and other items there. It's especially peaceful to just walk around on a nice, sunny day.
|Before going to see the musical "Catch Me If You Can" last summer with my dad!|
Hope you found this list helpful! I love reading comments so let me know what you're planning to do this summer!